How to Apply
The Hiring Process
- The first step in the application process is to fill out our quick one page preliminary application here. Once that is submitted, a member of our recruiting team will reach out to you to schedule a time to take the 2000m Concept2 row test.
- Complete the Concept2 Row Test - 2000 meter, Damper set to 5 at the 40% or greater level for your age, gender and weight. Here is a link to the Texas DPS rower calculator - DPS Concept2 Rower calculator . With this, you can determine the time needed to pass the test at the 40% or greater level.
- Fill out the application packet, found here - Police Application (PDF). Please make sure the application packet is completed in its entirety and notarized in each place it is required.
- Submit the application packet with the required documents via email or mail to:
- Email Recruiting
- Mail to:
West Lake Hills Police Department
911 Westlake Drive
West Lake Hills, TX 78746
- If selected, you will be contacted for an Oral Interview Board
- If you are successful on the Oral Interview Board, you will be required to pass an extensive background investigation (Applicants who successfully pass will be given a Conditional Offer of Employment).
- Psychological Examination
- Medical Examination /Drug Screen
- Once all the required testing and background investigation has been completed successfully, the applicant is hired
Email Police Department Recruiting with any questions regarding the application process.