Salary & Benefits
Police Officer salary starts at $52,416 and increases to $75,088.
We currently have a 10 step Police Officer salary matrix. We also accept lateral transfers.
Patrol Officer Salary - West Lake Hills
|At 6 Months||$54,496|
|End - Year 1||$56,160|
|End - Year 2||$58,448|
|End - year 3||$60,944|
|End - Year 4||$63,440|
|End - Year 5||$65,312|
|End - Year 6||$67,392|
|End - Year 8||$71,136|
|End - Year 10||$75,088|
Starting salary for qualified candidates:
|Police Officer||4 to 5 years experience||$58,448|
|Police Officer||6 to 7 years experience||$60,944|
|Police Officer||8-plus years experience||$63,440|
The City of West Lake Hills offers an outstanding benefits package, including:
- $1,000 signing bonus for all new officers, upon successful completion of the Field Training Program*.
- The Police Department provides all the required uniforms, gear, and equipment needed.
- Health, Vision and Dental insurance
- Paid group Life Insurance/ AD&D coverage
- Texas Municipal Retirement System, 2 to 1 matching ratio at 7% employee contribution
- Social Security
- Deferred Comp plan
- Vacation – 104 hours per year (13 days)
- Sick – 96 hours per year (12 days)
- Holiday – 80 hours per year (10 days)
- Uniform Allowance - $1,000 per year, starting in year 2
- TCOLE Certification pay
- Intermediate - $600 per year
- Advanced - $1,200 per year
- Master - $1,800 per year
- Shift Differential Pay, depending on shift
- Field Training Officer pay
The West Lake Hills Police Department is a progressive, professional Department – we believe in the importance of training, including specialized training. We also utilize the following:
- Our Patrol vehicles are Ford Interceptor SUVs or Chevy Tahoe SUVs.
- We use electronic ticket writers.
- Each officer is issued their own Taser and Axon body camera.
- Officers work rotating 12 hours shifts, with every other weekend off.
- We use the newest Toughbook laptops (CF-54) in our Patrol Vehicles – we are dispatched by Travis County Sheriff's Office and use their CAD system.
- All training, including any specialized training, is paid for by the Department.
- We issue Colt patrol rifles, regular vests, and heavy vests to each Officer.
*New officers are those who have not been previously employed with the West Lake Hills PD.