Normally, the hiring process takes from four to six weeks after you submit your application. Please review the information below on the required steps. If you have any questions about the hiring process, please call Recruiting at (512) 327-1195 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Steps for Police Officer applicants:
- Complete the Concept2 Row Test - 2000 meter, Damper set to 5 at the 40% or greater level for your age, gender and weight. You will need to send an email to email@example.com and schedule a time to come to the PD and complete the row test. Here is a link to the Texas DPS rower calculator - DPS Concept2 Rower calculator . With this, you can determine the time needed to pass the test at the 40% or greater level.
- Fill out the application/personal history statement (PHS), found here
- If selected, you will be contacted for an Oral Interview Board
- If you are successful on the Oral Interview Board, you will be required to pass an extensive background investigation (Applicants who successfully pass this will be given a Conditional Offer of Employment).
- Psychological Examination
- Medical Examination /Drug Screen
- Once all the required testing and background investigation has been completed successfully, the applicant is hired.
If you are successful in passing the Concept2 row test at the 40% or greater level, submit your application / personal history statement, along with all required documents, to:
West Lake Hills Police Department
911 Westlake Drive
West Lake Hills, TX 78746
Please make sure the PHS is completed in its entirety and notarized in each place it is required. You can also submit it electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org