In order to be considered for a Police Officer position with the West Lake Hills Police Department, you must meet the following criteria:
- Must be currently licensed as a Peace Officer with the State of Texas - the ideal candidate will have 2-plus years LE experience in Texas.
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Must have graduated from an accredited high school, or have proof of a G.E.D.
- Have a valid Texas driver's license
- Must be a U.S. citizen
- No convictions involving family violence
- No convictions of a Class A misdemeanor or above under the Texas Penal Code or any comparable state or federal law, to include the Uniform Code of Military Justice
- No convictions of a Class B misdemeanor under the Texas Penal Code or any comparable state or federal law, to include the Uniform Code of Military Justice within the past 10 years
- No criminal charges pending or under indictment for any criminal offense
- No excessive marijuana use
- No marijuana use in the past 3 years. No illegal drug use within the last 5 years; other drug use will be considered on a case by case basis
- Not have more than 3 chargeable accidents within the last 3 years, or any combination of chargeable accidents and moving violations which equal 4 or more in the last 3 years
- Not on probation for any criminal offense
- Must be able to pass the physical fitness test, background investigation, psychological examination, medical examination, and drug screen