The West Lake Hills Municipal Court now offers eCourt Appearance, which allows defendants to handle court cases (see Requirements below) via a video conference with the Judge through the use of ZOOM ( see link below) on either your computer or wireless device.
eCourt Courtrooms are the same as Actual Courtrooms
Please adhere to the following Rule of Court Conduct and Decorum:
Failure to follow these guidelines will prompt the Court to remove the Defendant from the virtual courtroom until compliance is achieved.
- Proper clothing strictly enforced. Inappropriate attire will not be permitted. Dress code is the same as if you were appearing in-person in the courtroom.
- Avoid background noise- Ensure your environment in conducive to attend virtually.
- Avoid distractions- Turn off and put away any and all distractions so your full attention is given to the proceedings (i.e. texting, social media, driving)
- You’ll be discussing personal matters in open court so these proceedings are NOT to be recorded.
- Proper respect for the Court process shall be adhered to at all times.
Requirements to Appear via eCourt, you MUST have:
- A device capable of accessing an internet connection (PC, MAC, Smart Phone, Tablet, etc.).
- A fast and stable internet connection
- A webcam attached to your PC or a built-in mic that will allow you to talk to the Judge and your device must also have speakers attached or built-in that will allow you to hear what the judge is saying to you.
- A working email address; you may need to email images or documents for the Judge’s review.
- You will be required to provide the Court with a working email address and mobile phone number to ensure future successful contact with the Court.
At your eCourt Appearance, you can:
- Request a trial by judge or jury. You will be able to speak with the Prosecutor. Please note that Trials may or may not be able to be held via the eCourt Appearance and may require the Defendant to appear in person at the West Lake Hills Municipal Court located at 911 Westlake Drive, West Lake Hills, Texas 78746.
- Enter a plea of GUILTY or NO CONTEST. All pleas entered in open court are legal and binding, and defendants have the same rights and responsibilities as if the plea had been entered in open court. Defendants who plead guilty or no contest via the eCourt Appearance have the same opportunities for payment plans, compliance dismissals, driver safety course, or deferred disposition.
- Warrant Walk-in: The warrant walk-in docket is available to defendants on the third Thursday of each month at 11:00 a.m. This type of docket is available to individuals with outstanding warrants who are unable to post a bond and would like to discuss their case(s) with the City Prosecutor for other options. Some case(s) may have a plea entered in which case you would only be speaking with the Judge. Please call 512-327-1862 if you would like to attend the walk-in docket.
Check-in 15 minutes ahead of time. View the Docket here
Click below to attend the eCourt Appearance for July 16, 2020
- If Deferred Disposition is ordered, you may be given until the end of the deferral period to pay the applicable fee(s).
- If a Driving Safety Course is ordered you will have until the end of the next business day to pay the applicable fee(s).
- Alternatives to Payments: If you are assessed fines and court costs as a result of this citation and you are unable to pay, bring this to the attention of the judge.
PLEASE NOTE: While the Court will make every effort to handle your case(s) via eCourt, unfortunately that may not be possible in all circumstances.